The FanfictionFanfiction CharactersOriginal CharactersDekka TalentSam TempleOrsay PettijohnDrake MerwinBriannaCaine SorenDiana LadrisAfterLatest NewsCommunityRecent blog postsAfter ProgressRecently Changed PagesLatest NewsBook One: AfterSam TempleDekka TalentOrsay PettijohnDrake MerwinAfter
The FAYZ Fanfiction Wiki
All Contributors
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar

Should Admins Delete Pages They Deem 'Unrelated to the Wiki' or 'Unable to Meet Quality Standards' Without Informing the Person Who Created the Page First?

Recently one of our admins PublicityStunt deleted a page he said didn't relate to the wiki. I asked him if he tried to talk with the page's creator, or at least informed him of the deletion. He said no. Which brings me to the question of : Should Admins Delete Pages They Deem 'Unrelated to the Wiki' or 'Unable to Meet Quality Standards' Without Informing the Person Who Created the Page First?

I myself saw nothing wrong with the page, but PublicityStunt claimed it was very off-topic. I'll try to see if I can recover the page so that later we can vote on whether or not the page was off-topic. As for now, no admins can delete pages until a majority of  the wiki's users vote.

0 8
  • Upvote
  • Reply
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
0

I think they should be informed, but that's just my opinion.

What is this becoming, Creepypasta wiki? Since when did we have quality standards? PS is pushing it, a lot. People should be informed. Sometimes one man's opinion isn't enough, especially when it has to do with something someone worked hard on.

0
Semmirra The Strange wrote:
What is this becoming, Creepypasta wiki? Since when did we have quality standards? PS is pushing it, a lot. People should be informed. Sometimes one man's opinion isn't enough, especially when it has to do with something someone worked hard on.

Something someone worked hard on? IT'S ONE FREAKIN PAGE WOMAN! No, they don't need to be told. Other wikis don't tell people, so why should we? It would be crazy to keep telling people over and over. Just delete it. You don't like it? TOO BAD.

0
I don't think its nessecary to tell them. They'll figure it out themselves. But what are these 'Quality Standards'? I didn't know we had any.

It isn't nessecary. Then again, you're asking the wrong people. We're all stupid and aren't exactly nice. I'll take this to CC. As for the 'Quality Standards', they only exist in PS's crazy british mind.

Excuse me? My crazy british mind? We need quality standards. We can't have pages filled with utter crap littering the wiki. He doesn't need to be told by me that his page was deleted. He's smart enough to notice.
0
PublicityStunt wrote:
Excuse me? My crazy british mind? We need quality standards. We can't have pages filled with utter crap littering the wiki. He doesn't need to be told by me that his page was deleted. He's smart enough to notice.

Still, have some manners. And that was not utter crap.

A. V. Christine wrote:
PublicityStunt wrote:
Excuse me? My crazy british mind? We need quality standards. We can't have pages filled with utter crap littering the wiki. He doesn't need to be told by me that his page was deleted. He's smart enough to notice.
Still, have some manners. And that was not utter crap.

It was, love, and also I do not need to give this guy some manners. He's a stranger and doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I still say no informing of the page's creator.

Write a reply...